Sunday 18 April 2010

Hiya,

In the studio at the moment. I've been painting for most of the day, so I thought I'd take a break and write some things down.

I took a walk last week along the route where I rode my bike a few weeks before. I took lots more photos than when on my bike! The sun was out so there was good light for taking photos (still on my camera phone, though I kind of like the smallness of it).

Alongside taking photos of my surroundings, I also took a sketch book with me. I wanted to somehow transfer real marks on to the paper, from the environment I'm in. This way When I come to paint and draw on the sheets, there's already some life on them.

It's to do with reacting to something, and creating dynamism between the marks. I'm also interested in the idea of layers, and how connections are made between them. Like, do you have to have something actually on top of something to highlight connections/relationships or can these two things be separate, and their relationship will come through anyway?

I'm edging toward the later point, but will be interested to hear what you guys think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment